What to do and where to go in your cooking vacations in Tuscany
As part of the Rhode School of Cuisine experience, we offer a variety of excursions to guests on our cooking holidays in Italy. Because of the size of the Italian School, flexibility on some of the set excursions may be limited. But if the group agrees at the start of the week on an excursion or activity they would like to do instead of one of the planned excursions, we will do our best to accommodate the groups choice.
Some of the possible excursions on your cooking vacations in Tuscany are listed below:
- Visits to selected restaurants and food markets
- A visit to the beautiful city of Sienna and Marble Duomo
- A guided tour of the villa, vineyard and olive groves
- Visit the 11th century Tuscan vineyard of Castello Banfi
- A lecture and tasting of local Tuscan and Chianti wines
- A visit to the beautiful city of Florence and Uffizi museum
- A day trip to the beautiful city of Pisa
- A visit to the Cinque Terre and its cliff top villages
- A visit to the local olive oil press factory
- Visit the white wine shops in medieval San Gimignano
- A visit to several historical Roman towns in the area
- Visit the castle and fortress enclosure of Lerici
- A visit to the town where Puccini spent his later years
- Guided tour of Lucca and shopping along Via Fillungo
Close to our villa there are some good hiking and jogging tracks that wind up the Monte Pisano. The villa also has several mountain bikes that can be used to explore these tracks and the surrounding area. The nearby village of Vorno has stables where horse back riding can be arranged if you wish to explore the area at a more leisurely pace. Conveniently located nearby are two excellent golf courses for the more active sports person: one in Versilia and the other in Montecatini.
* Please note that while the price of your luxury cooking vacation includes all food and wine consumed on the premises, it does not include entrance fees to various museums and sites and the cost of lunches or visits to selected restaurants.
Rhode School of Cuisine
For your cooking holidays in Italy